The Johns Hopkins Center for American Indian Health in the Bloomberg School of Public Health is seeking a core faculty member to assume the role of Federal Grants & Contracts Manager who will work under the direction of the Center Director and the Director of Development and External Affairs to research federal grants and contract opportunities, manage submissions, contribute to proposal writing, manage reporting and assist in communicating results to appropriate audiences. This position will hold a critical role in the growth of CAIH to promote health equity and well-being for Indigenous peoples in the United States. The Grants & Contracts Manager will serve as a resource guide and the primary point of contact for CAIH faculty in the planning, development, and submission of grant applications to federal agencies, with possible opportunities to participate in foundation grant submissions. This position will also have additional research and faculty management duties as assigned.
Successful candidates for this position will have strong experience in pre-award and post-award management for federal grants and have strong organizational and writing skills.
Brief summary of duties and qualifications:
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish robust tracking and communication systems for pre and post-award management at the CAIH
- Conduct ongoing research on federal grants and contracts opportunities, looking for fit with CAIH mission and capacity.
- Lead management of CAIH faculty teams to review, submit and report on federal grants and contracts.
- Serve as the liaison Office between CAIH and the Office of Research Administration at Johns Hopkins University.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between CAIH faculty and/or budgetary staff and the Office of Research Administration relating to the planning, development, and submission of grant applications.
- Manage process of final grant package presentation and approval with the Office of Research Administration.
- Responsible for the preparation and compilation of supplemental grant materials including biosketches; facilities, institutional resources, human subjects and other required submission forms; sub-contracts and letters of support.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of proposal budgets, in collaboration with CAIH’s finance team and in communication with project investigators.
- Develop reports for forecasting and trending of expenditures of awards. Communicate and troubleshoot budget management with project investigators and staff.
- Manage the process for submitting the technical and financial reports
- Assist with closeout of grants and contracts.
- Ensure that related post-award processes are coordinated appropriately with CAIH financial team, including award setup, review, account setup verification, and ensuring that personnel allocations are completed.
- Ensure that post-award responsibilities are completed, including budget distribution and account reconciliation
- Oversee and direct all aspects of complex award management activities and provide oversight to other members of the grants & contracts team, including monitoring and managing accounts, audits, evaluations and reporting.
- Ensure compliance in all other areas related to grant and contract management, including compliance registrations, safety and environmental health issues, internal protocols, conflicts of interest, etc.
Other possible duties:
- Assist in developing materials for faculty hiring and promotion
- Assist in manuscript preparation to report federal grant results
- Master’s degree in Public Health
- 3-5 years of related experience in sponsored research and/or grant writing positions, preferably in an academic or medical setting
- Two years of experience in grant management
Contact Name: Kristen Speakman
Contact Location: JHCAIH 8205 Spain Road NE, Suite 210, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Contact Phone: 505-400-6174
Contact email: email@example.com
Web Address: https://caih.jhu.edu
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Kristen Speakman at firstname.lastname@example.org